Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
2 large egg yolks
1 cup powdered Parmesan cheese
¼ cup coconut flour
3 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
1 pound (454 g) calamari, sliced into rings
Fresh oregano leaves, for garnish (optional)
1 cup no-sugar-added marinara sauce, for serving (optional)
Lemon slices, for serving (optional)
1. Spray the air fryer basket with avocado oil. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (205ºC).
2. In a shallow dish, whisk the egg yolks. In a separate bowl, mix together the Parmesan, coconut flour, and spices.
3. Dip the calamari rings in the egg yolks, tap off any excess egg, then dip them into the cheese mixture and coat well. Use your hands to press the coating onto the calamari if necessary. Spray the coated rings with avocado oil.
4. Place the calamari rings in the air fryer, leaving space between them, and cook for 15 minutes, or until
golden brown. Garnish with fresh oregano, if desired, and serve with marinara sauce for dipping and
lemon slices, if desired.
5. Best served fresh. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in a
preheated 400°F (205ºC) air fryer for 3 minutes, or until heated through.
total carbs 11