Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
1 (5-pound) whole chicken, cut into serving pieces (drumsticks, thighs, breasts)
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 cup cornstarch
¼ cup honey
3 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons Korean chili paste (gochujang)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Canola oil cooking spray
1. In a large bowl, toss the chicken pieces with the rice vinegar, salt, pepper, and ginger. Working in batches, liberally coat all the pieces in the cornstarch, shaking off any excess. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey, ketchup, chili paste, and soy sauce until smooth. Set aside.
3. Install a wire rack on Level 2. Select AIR FRY, set the temperature to 350°F, and set the time to 15 minutes. Press START/STOP to begin preheating.
4. Arrange the chicken in the air fryer basket. Liberally spray both sides of each piece with canola oil.
5. When the unit has preheated, nest the roast tray in the sheet pan and place on the wire rack to catch any drippings. Insert the air fryer basket on Level 3. Close the oven door to begin cooking.
6. After 15 minutes, remove the basket, sheet pan, and roast tray, and let the chicken cool for 20 to 30 minutes. Once cool, spray the chicken again with canola oil.
7. Select AIR FRY, set the temperature to 375°F, and set the time to 20 minutes. Press START/STOP to begin preheating.
8. When the unit has preheated, return the sheet pan and roast tray to the wire rack and insert the air fryer basket on Level 3. Close the oven door to begin cooking.
9. Cooking is complete when an instant-read thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165°F. Remove the chicken and immediately toss the pieces in the reserved sauce, or serve the sauce on the side. Serve immediately