Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
16 chicken drumettes (party wings)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Chicken seasoning or rub
½ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup low-fat buttermilk
1. Place the chicken in a sealable plastic bag. Add the garlic powder, then add chicken seasoning or rub and pepper to taste. Seal the bag. Shake the bag thoroughly to combine the seasonings and coat the chicken.
2. Pour the flour into a second sealable plastic bag.
3. Pour the buttermilk into a bowl large enough to dunk the chicken. One at a time, dunk the drumettes in the buttermilk, then place them in the bag of flour. Seal and shake to thoroughly coat the chicken.
4. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil.
5. Using tongs, transfer the chicken from the bag to the air fryer basket. It is okay to stack the drumettes on top of each other. Spray the chicken with cooking oil, being sure to cover the bottom layer. Select the AIR FRY function and cook at 400ºF for 5 minutes.
6. Remove the basket and shake it to ensure all of the chicken pieces will cook fully.
7. Return the basket to the air fryer oven and continue to cook the chicken. Repeat shaking every 5 minutes until 20 minutes has passed.
8. Cool before serving