Cooking Time: 12 Minutes
1 pound (454 g) lamb sausage
8 soft-boiled or hard-boiled eggs, peeled
1 large egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 cup crushed lamb rinds
Smoky Mustard Sauce:
¼ cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce
1. Preheat the air fryer to 390°F (199ºC).
2. Divide the sausage into 8 portions. Take each portion of sausage, pat it down into a patty, and place 1 egg in the middle, gently wrapping the sausage around the egg until the egg is completely covered. (Wet your hands slightly if you find the sausage to be too sticky.) Repeat with the remaining eggs and sausage.
3. In a small shallow bowl, whisk the egg and milk until frothy. In another shallow bowl, place the crushed lamb rinds. Working one at a time, dip a sausage-wrapped egg into the beaten egg and then into the lamb rinds, gently rolling to coat evenly. Repeat with the remaining sausage-wrapped eggs.
4. Arrange the eggs in a single layer in the air fryer basket, and lightly spray with olive oil. Air fry for 10 to 12 minutes, pausing halfway through the baking time to turn the eggs, until the eggs are hot and the
sausage is cooked through.
5. To make the sauce: In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, Dijon, and hot sauce. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Serve with the Scotch eggs.
total carbs 1