Cooking Time: 12 Minutes
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup finely ground blanched almond flour
1½ pounds (680g) New York strip steak
Sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Place the butter, Parmesan cheese, and almond flour in a food processor. Process until smooth. Transfer to a sheet of parchment paper and form into a log. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Freeze for 45 minutes or refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
2. While the butter is chilling, season the steak liberally with salt and pepper. Let the steak rest at room
temperature for about 45 minutes.
3. Place the grill pan or basket in your air fryer, set it to 400°F (205ºC), and let it preheat for 5 minutes.
4. Working in batches, if necessary, place the steak on the grill pan and cook for 4 minutes. Flip and cook for 3 minutes or more, until the steak is brown on both sides.
5. Remove the steak from the air fryer and arrange an equal amount of the Parmesan butter on top of each steak. Return the steak to the air fryer and continue cooking for another 5 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer reads 120°F (49ºC) for medium-rare and the crust is golden brown (or to your desired
6. Transfer the cooked steak to a plate, let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
total carbs 2